Saturday, September 18, 2010

Home-maid Chicken Noodle Soup

I don't know about you...
but this weather is making me crave soup for dinner.
My sister Steph makes chicken noodle soup from scratch all the time for her family so I thought I would give it a try. I roasted my own chicken using The Barefoot Contessa's recipe. Matt informed me that I roasted it upside down (oops, I am still learning).
Then the next day I used Tyler Florence's recipe for chicken stock.
Addy helped me make the noodles.
BTW I found this great blog that showed me how to make the noodles.
I can't wait to make lots more of her recipes.
Then I added carrots, onions, celery, chicken, noodles, and lots of yummy seasoning.
It tasted perfect on a cold, wet, fall evening.

2 comments:

The Felton Fam said...

I roasted a chicky this week too and we're doing the noodles tomorrow! I hope it's as good as yours...and i hope it helps speed up baby boy's arrival :)

sleitz said...

Parker was born after Tina made me chicken noodle soup. . . eat it for lunch and dinner! I made the same noodle recipe you did last night. It is much easier than my other recipe and they turned out great! Love you!