Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rockstar Ronan

Ronan Thompson
May 12, 2007- May 9, 2011

I grew up in the same community as Ronan's mother and I have been faithfully following her blog as her son Ronan has been fighting against Neuroblastoma Cancer. Yesterday, that fight came to an end. I can not even imagine the pain she is feeling from losing such young and beautiful son. If there is any good to have come from this tragic and awful situation it is helping others to realize not to take a single day for granted. All of the sudden Addy's double ear infection, Matt being away at school, dishes in the sink, and laundry on the couch do not seem so bad. My heart breaks for this family. There is no reason a family should have to go through this kind of heart ache. Ronan and his Mom have taught me to hold my babies tight and be thankful for each day we have together.

6 comments:

Lspry said...

So true!! I will keep this family in my prayers. Heartbreaking :( Love you friend!

Unknown said...

Praying for this family.

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

Oh my, I could never imagine that kind of loss. Thank you for sharing Ronan with us. I will for sure pray for him and his family.

Courtney said...

I can hardly even imagine. Looking at their blog even for a second left me in tears. Praying for their hearts...

Lindsay said...

How unbelievably sad - they are in my thoughts and prayers. What a beautiful little boy. :(

Adalie said...

Hey Eldharts,
Just wanted to let you know that there will be a "Big Balloon Release", in Ronan's honor, at Martin's Dock Sunday evening at 7:15. If interested, come and join us! Tell anyone and everyone. We are also completely heartbroken over this. Although we weren't fortunate enough to ever get to know Ronan, Todd and Maya are cousins and we have been faithfully following the blog since August. We also love Grandma Lynn and her scrumptios deli - Lynn's Deli & Catering in Longview! Thanks for the sweet post - I enjoy peeking in at your blog!
Kara Schierscher