Sunday, February 15, 2009

Surprise!

Matt's birthday was on Friday. He has been so busy with work that he had not put much thought into his birthday. I wanted to plan a fun night to get his mind off all the stress he has at work. I emailed two of his best friends, Drew and Chad, to see if they could meet us for a fun birthday celebration. We decided to meet at the Olympic Club in Centralia, half way between Seattle and Longview. It is an old brothel that McMenamins has turned into a hotel/restaurant/movie theater. I did not tell Matt I had anything planned. He got home from work Friday and I said I had a surprise for him. Addy would be staying with his Mom for the night and we were going on a overnight getaway. He was dying to know where we were going and getting so anxious in the car that I finally gave in and told him where we were going but he still had no idea that his friends were going to be joining us. When we got to the hotel everyone was waiting a the bar, I could see Drew, Emily, Chad, and Jesse from the lobby so I suggested to Matt that we get a drink before we check into our hotel. After much convincing he walks into the bar but walks right passed his friends. He proceeds to look right at them and not notice for several minutes. Finally, I say to him, do you see any good seats at the bar? And he says "No, it is full, lets go back and check in." I say, "You don't see anything, like maybe toward the middle of the bar?" He finally realizes his friends are here and says, "Oh, there's Drew!" We spent the rest of the evening laughing, talking, catching up, and toasting to Matt's birthday. Thanks guys for such a fun night.

Chad, Jesse, and Drew
Emily, Matt, and T
These pictures were taken at the bar next door to the Olympic Club.
It was kind of a scary scene, so we did not stay long.

2 comments:

The Felton Fam said...

So fun-Happy birthday Matty!

Courtney said...

Looks like it was a great time! Love the new pics at the top..such a good one of Miss Gabby girl!