Monday, April 11, 2011

Nap Time

Oh, how I love nap time, ESPECIALLY when I can get both kids asleep at the same time. YES, I love spending time with my children but a hour or two of freedom to do something glamorous like dishes or laundry is quite nice as well. On Sunday, Addy, Griffin, and I finished our normal bedtime ritual and I decided I was going to treat myself by watching the "Social Network" instead of doing my afternoon clean up routine. Just as I got cozy on the couch, pillow, blanket, and all, I heard cries coming from Griffin's room... Uh oh I couldn't help feeling disappointed that my relaxing afternoon was over.
I wasn't going to give up... I had a little chat with Griffin boy and I told him that if he was going to be awake he had to sit on my lap and watch the movie with me. I wasn't sure how this would go but Griffin once again proved he is the best baby ever, he just sat and cuddled with me for the entire movie... no rocking or shushing required just a binkie and his Mommy. I've decided he's allowed to skip nap and be my movie date any day.
We didn't quite make it to the end of the movie, we both decided a nap was what we needed... and it ended up being a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

The Felton Fam said...

So sweet! What a great little snuggle buddy ;)

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

OH my so sweet Terry:)