Sunday, November 30, 2008

Seattle Marathon

We woke up early to watch our friends run in the Seattle half marathon. It was such an inspiring and amazing event. As I was standing on the corner watching the runners go by I found myself trying everything to hold back my tears. I was surprised how emotional I was watching these runners. I wanted to cheer but if I did, I would have really started crying. It was just so neat to see all kinds of people, young and old, working incredibly hard to finish the race. Everyone (except me) on the street was cheering on the runners, cute little families were holding up signs, taking pictures, and looking for their loved ones in the race. It was amazing to watch so many people pushing their bodies to such great lengths. I am not sure if I am ready to do a marathon but it has definitely inspired me to get back into running or should I say jogging. Congrats to everyone that ran today and good luck to Justin & Laura who are running next weekend in the Sacramento marathon. You guys are amazing.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm right there with you on this one. The tears while either running a race or watching one are inevitable. I'm happy you got to experience it firsthand.